Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Sweet Billy Pilgrim

This isn't a music blog, but I've got to mention this band. Sweet Billy Pilgrim, out of the UK. I don't remember where I ran across a download for their song Ain't No Jesus In Here, but I had downloaded it and just left it sitting on my desktop for several days. As I was cleaning junk off the desktop, I decided I better give it a listen before I trashed it. Wow! Smart lyrics, and a haunting, ethereal sound, it stuck with me all day.

I googled the band and found their website. It appears the band is unsigned? right now, and are self-producing? limited-run (like 500) CDs with 2 or 3 songs on them. After the CDs are sold out, they put the songs on their website in mp3 format. Right now, they have 4 songs available for download. Their current CD has three songs (one of which is available for download), and is priced at £3 plus £2 shipping outside the UK. At current exchange rates it'd come to almost $10 US. Note to the band: when you get the song count on a CD to 5 or 6, I'll buy one.

I just can't say enough about them! Go to their website and check them out.
Read more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home