Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Current Mood: Dark

I took last Friday off from work so I had a 4-day weekend over the New Year holiday. Went GoodWill store shopping with the wife on Friday and scored a small handful of books for 49 cents each, including an almost pristine copy of William Gibson's Neuromancer.

Then Saturday, I felt my mood slipping. By Sunday, my outlook on life was fouled. I had the better part of the day to myself but couldn't bring myself to do anything all day. This actually made my mood even worse, because when I get that much time alone, I like to do some work on my website, or write or draw a bit (and I have a couple of writing/drawing projects I could have worked on), but I couldn't bring myself to do anything but sit around and stew.

I fall into these moods periodically but they usually only last a day or so. This one has held on a bit longer, but I'm coming out of it.

3 Comments:

Blogger RocketJam said...

Peter Jackson can definitely direct! I give it two thumbs up!

7:05 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Hi RJ, thanks for the comments. Meditation is going well...and i just started the exercise and diet regime again. i've found that meditation and/or any consistent spiritual practices will bring up stuff to look at - for me it comes out as emotional stuff. physical exercise can do the same thing. i agree that changing the daily routine is best done in steps, so one doesn't get overwhelmed.

2:08 PM  
Blogger RocketJam said...

Johnny-

Ben sent me an email shortly after he took the blogs down. He said he had planned on doing them for a year, and the year was up on the 6th, so he actually kept them a bit longer than he originally intended.

Currently, the best way I know to keep up w/him is thru his gnn blog. Open an account if you want to comment (You can do an account much like on blogger, where you don't have to blog or anything. Just have a login and password).

You can always shoot him an email too. Let me know if you need an address.

Oh yeah, what do I think? I'm sorry he quit keeping them, but he's trying to keep moving.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home